Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Today, I hope.

To my beautiful princess,

There is absolutely nothing more fitting than this. It describes our every feeling, thought, and prayer. When your brother was born almost 21 months ago, we felt for the first time what it truly meant to have and long for that four-letter word...hope. From that moment onward, we never lost it. Since first starting our adoption journey, it has taken on a whole new meaning. We now have hope for both of our babies rather than one.

As a mommy who has already experienced waiting to meet and see her unborn child for the very first time, I can assure you there is no greater feeling. I think of you all day, every day and not a day passes that my heart doesn't explode with extreme happiness, anticipation, and joy. Call me crazy, but sometimes I even catch myself feeling as though I'm pregnant with you in my belly. Though realistically that is not the case, the excitement and love for you is no different than it was when I was expecting your big brother. Because now, though I may not be carrying you physically...He is. Whether you have already been born, still in your birth mother's womb, or were welcomed into the world only minutes before I ever wrote this post, you're never alone. I am with you always, and you and Gunnar have altready taught me more than I'll probably ever learn in a lifetime.

And for that, I am forever thankful.

Prayerfully,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment