Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Home Studies...check!

Dear Wyatt,

I sit here tonight only a little over a month into this journey and already battling through the emotions. The wait...well, it is going to be a long one. Much longer than I ever would like to have imagined. I'm lying here tonight watching your daddy and brother sleep just wondering if you are sleeping as peaceful as them each night in your temporary home.

Though we have no clue as to whether you have yet to be born, I can't help but feel that you have been. Maybe feeling that way is my personal and unique way of comforting myself because writing you letters makes you being there that much more temporary. I just can't wait to see your face, and bring you home.

Yesterday we finished up our last and final visit with our local agency which was to read over our completed home study before submitting to international agency for review. Then we should be receiving 3-4 copies ourselves. In the meantime, we are finishing up collecting and notarizing the documents still needed to compile our dossier for the Thailand. My guess is we will officially be on the waiting list for a match within the next month.

Eeeeeeeeek! I can hardly wait! One step closer, my sweet baby girl!

Ouer agency recently informed us there is currently a 3-12 month wait for a referral (when matched with a child). Due to the Thai government requiring 24 months between children in the home, we are expecting a match  sometime between spring and the end of next year. It could be sooner, but it isn't likely based on past referral groups received by our agency. Then for the hard part...once matched, we then have to wait again for the Thailand to review our case before we can travel (approximately 12-15 months post match) to come get you.

It looks to be a long and emotional journey, but it will be worth
every.
single.
second.

Prayerfully Waiting,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment