Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Be Still.


Dear Wyatt,

Whelp, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a wee bit emotional this evening. I'm smiling through the tears...happy ones that is. You have been on my heart and mind all day. So much that I just posted it as a silly Facebook status. Something you will learn about your mommy is I LOVE to take steaming hot bubbly baths right before bedtime. Are you ready for this? In the dark! Yes, I turn off all of the lights except for a dim light above the shower, and I soak, read my devotional series, and pray. And also while I soak, I reflect. Sometimes I think back on my day and all that happened, while other times I just relax and talk to God.

In the Bible, our Father says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” -Psalm 46:10

I love spending time with Him and simply being still. It is during those very moments I praise Him for you and for this incredibly amazing opportunity. After all, it is He who has led us to you find you in the first place. That I am most sure of, my sweet angel.

Tonight, I couldn't help but write to you. It's funny or difficult to explain, but when I write to you I feel more whole, more complete. I feel closer to you. After lying down with our precious Gunnar Lane as he drifted to sleep this evening, I imagined you lying next to him. The thought of having both of our babies in between your daddy and me cuddled up together watching a movie and eating popcorn makes my heart explode with happiness.

Are you born yet?
Were you born in Bangkok, or miles away in a neighboring city?
Is your birth mother expecting? If so, when is she due?
Are you hungry? Clean?

The questions are endless, but my strength is growing by the minute. Just like your brother, you are already reminding me the importance of being patient, relying on my faith, and letting go. All of this can be done if we just be still.

Love Always,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment