Thursday, June 26, 2014

เห็นคุณเร็ว ๆ นี้ (see you soon), my darling one.

To my precious girl,

I can't get you off of my mind today, and I felt today was the most perfect day to write you being that there must be a reason you are weighing heavy on my heart this morning. I told your daddy this morning, "Hey, you never know...maybe Wyatt is on my mind and heart so much today because it is her birthday!" Maybe today is the day your birth mother so selflessly placed you in the arms of foster parents who will love, feed, and care for you until we can get to you ourselves. Maybe...just maybe...

Let me start off with telling you where we are in the process.

On June 16th, we received this update from our agency:


Hi Josh and Megan,
 
I wanted to let you know that I’ve completed reviewing your dossier and you did a great job! I’ll be sending it to Thailand with our FedEx package on Friday. Jessica will be in contact with you about a possible referral estimate. Please let us know once you have filed for your I-800A with USCIS.

Later on that same day, we received another update:

Josh and Megan,
 
Congratulations on reaching this milestone in the process! We have now added your family to our wait strip. We estimate that we will be able to match your family with a child in our January quarterly referral group.
 
Please let us know if you have any other questions at this point. Congratulations again!

Needless to say, our hearts have been exploding with happiness, joy, and excitement ever since.

Heavenly Father, I come to you this rainy Thursday morning asking that you place your Mighty shield of protection around our precious children. Though our second child may not be with us physically just yet, we know you are with us... just as you are with her. Father, thank you for the gift of Gunnar and for the beautiful gift of adoption. And most of all, thank you for the sacrifice you made sending your son to die on the cross for our sins so that we may live eternally in your arms. In Jesus Christ's name, Amen.

เห็นคุณเร็ว ๆ นี้ (see you soon), my darling one.
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment